ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO DO THE DISTANCE?
- Cost: R2500 per person, up to 4 per boat
- Duration: 5km-14km depending on route
- Minimum Pax: 4 people per boat
- Mobility: not wheelchair accessible but we welcome disables swimmers
- Inclusions: Water safety and boat support, refreshments post swim.
- Operates: Daily
- Accommodation: not included,
contact us for various options email@example.com
The light house sits at the southern end of Gqeberha, circumnavigating Algoa Bay’s most dynamic reef, aptly named Thunderbolt Reef. In December 2022, four local woman swimmers became the first women to complete it, adding their names to an honours board that now sits at twenty names. Because, you know, it’s there. GQ’ers just do it.
This swim operates daily based on sea conditions and must be pre-booked. A maximum of 4 swimmers to a boat. Swimmers must be compatible in open water, to be paired together to a boat. The 14km stretch continues down to the Kings Beach harbour wall for those swimmers wanting to go the distance. A shorter 5km route, or a 7.5km route is also an option depending on fitness and ability.